^ Not For Tourists: Brooklyn @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, FREE, The team behind the Not For Tourists series presents the new edition of the Brooklyn guide, RSVP * Jeff Seal & the Raving Jaynes @ Triskelion Arts (102 Calyer St) 8pm, $16, Jeff Seal mixes standup, storytelling, characters, and clowning; the Raving Jaynes combine dance and improv to create highly physical, spontaneous pieces of dance/theater, Buy tix
THURSDAY 11/19 * DIY Decals Workshop @ You & Yours Fine Vintage (649 Morgan Ave)7pm, $65, Spice up old vintage tableware and with awesome decals you’ll cut out and apply own your own, More info
♫ CC Carina @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave) 9pm, FREE, With Carrie Ashley Hill / Ryley McCarthy / Matthew Lusk / FDR Soundsystem, RSVP * MUFF Society: But I’m a Cheerleader @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave) 9:30pm, $7, In addition to the movie, there will be a local short film, film-themed prizes and freebies, and a cheer-inspired photobooth, More info
[Sponsored] Subject Matters Double 6 Studio, 66 Green St, Saturday and Sunday 11/14-15 4pm, FREE
An exhibition presenting a group of photographers who each communicate distinct perspectives, aesthetics, and themes, More info
Greenpoint Artist Mixer & Open Meeting The Diamond, 43 Franklin Ave
November 11, 7:30pm, FREE, RSVP
We are gearing up for a Spring 2016 Greenpoint Open Studios (end of April) and want to bring Greenpoint artists and arts appreciators together for an initial open meeting. Extended happy hour until 9pm!
* Pot Painting Workshop @ Dusty Rose Vintage (251 Greenpoint Ave) 7pm, $50, Create a symbolically charged, hand-painted flower pot with symbolic meaning, More info ♫ Antibalas Residency@ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave) 8pm, $15, With Santigold and Superhuman Happiness, More info
* Coloring Book Party @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, FREE, Join the coloring craze with the exquisite, kaleidoscopic designs of Payton Cosell Turner, More info ☺ Monko Sexo Trasho @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave) 7pm, $8, A night of video oddities and standup comedy, RSVP
Hey Greenpoint artists (or anyone interested in arts in Greenpoint)! We want to get together for a mixer and initial open meeting about the next GOS tomorrow (Wed, 11/11) at The Diamond (43 Franklin St) at 7:30PM. RSVP here!
Come with your ideas, get involved, or just come to talk art over drinks!
This will be the first of a series of monthly mixers at a different local watering hole leading up to the main event, which will be in Spring 2016 (end of April). If you can’t make this one, the next will be in mid-December so stay tuned.
Brooklyn Craft Company, a DIY class and event space, is hosting a Catlady Craft Night and we have a free ticket to giveaway ($95 value)! Catlady Craft Night is a big crazy cat-themed DIY party for the modern catlady (cat gents are welcome, too)! Attendees can look forward to making several cat-themed craft projects including wire cat rings, painted cat figurines, cat-shaped leather change purses, canvas totes, and needle-felted cats made from wool and — yes, they’re going there — cat fur!
You can also look forward to cocktails, music, a cat meet-and-greet hosted by Brooklyn Animal Action, where attendees can snuggle with actual cats and even adopt them if they make a love match, a raffle to benefit Brooklyn Animal Action (a portion of event proceeds benefit them as well), and the sparkling company of Brooklyn’s raddest catladies!
How to enter: In the comments below, answer the question “True or False: A cat, standing in a still position, can jump more than 3 times its own length.” Continue reading →
♦ Splash Stick Splash @ Tender Trap (66 Greenpoint Ave) 7pm, FREE, Frontal Labotomy presents a sculptural installation by audiovisual artist William Tucci, RSVP ☺ A Night of 100 One-Liners: Erik Burgstrom Fundraiser @ Creek & Cave (10-93 Jackson Ave)8pm, $20, The comedy community comes together to celebrate and raise money for the king of one-liners himself, Buy tix
* Sleepy Hollow in Brooklyn @ Cloud City (85 North 1st St) 8pm, $15, Drama of Works’s large-scale shadow-puppetry silent-movie exploration of the Washington Irving classic, Buy tix ♫ Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival Pre-Party @ Output (74 Wythe Ave) 10pm, $15, With Laidback Luke / Gina Turner / Julia Govor, Buy tix
Apple Cider, Crispy Chilly Night, Roaring Fire, Hot Coco….. the most wonderful time of the year is just around the corner and to help get you in the spirits, Greenpointers is hosting our annual Holiday Market at Greenpoint Loft (67 West Street) from 1pm-7pm on December 6th, 2015. RSVP here!
We are seeking all types of local vendors (food, artists, crafters, jewelers, potters, etc.) so apply here or directly in the form after the jump.
Are you a corporate level business, a distillery, or a business that is based out of the NYC area? Vendor tables are strictly reserved for local independent artisans and small businesses but you may qualify as a sponsor and can submit an application here.Continue reading →
Trick or Treat? To get a dose of both, spend Halloween night at The Wild Honey Pie’s Spooky Mansion. The Paper Box in East Williamsburg has been transformed into a multi-room warehouse to create a haunted and immersive music experience with installations, games, and Halloween drink specials (17 Meadow St.).
WEDNESDAY 10/28 * Wes Craven Film Festival @ Standard Toykraft (722 Metropolitan Ave) 8pm, $20, Part 1 of a three-day program; featuring Last House on the Left, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Wes Craven’s New Nightmare, Buy tix ☺ What Are You Afraid Of? @ Over the Eight (594 Union Ave) 8pm, $8, Laugh at your fears as host Mara Wilson takes you through comedian and performers’ anxieties (and a few of her own), RSVP
^ Midwest vs. NYC @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, FREE, With readings from Emily Schultz, Jason Diamond, Sarah Seltzer, and Anna Prushinskaya, More info
* Zombie Terrariums & Bloody Cocktails @ Brooklyn Craft Co (61 Greenpoint Ave) 7:30pm, $75, Make a living terrarium with an un-dead zombie inside, plus a mixology demo of ghoulishly good Halloween-inspired cocktails, More info
Greenpointers Fall Market Greenpoint Loft (67 West St), Sunday (10/25) 1-7pm, FREE More info
We’re so excited to bring the beautiful Greenpoint Loft alive with our Foliage & Foragers–themed market! It will be a day filled with FREE activities, refreshments, epic local shopping, live music, and, most importantly, the wonderful people of Greenpoint. There will be spicy buttered rum, craft beer, face painting, henna tattoos, tarot cards, 50+ vendors, and more!! RSVP
WEDNESDAY 10/21 * Great Scott! Back to the Future 2@ The Chain Theater (21-28 45th Rd) 7pm, $15, Celebrate Back to the Future‘s 30th anniversary and the year Marty travels to the future with the Usual Rejects, Buy tix ♫ Warper Party@ Tender Trap (66 Greenpoint Ave) 8pm, FREE, Two rooms of omnidigital art and music, plus visuals, interactive art, and workshops, RSVP
* The Quirk Thing @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St) 6pm, FREE, Join Living Quirky NYC to be curious, open-minded, to connect, and to delight in the multi-faceted spectrum of who we are, More info
* Don’t Lose Your Head: The Science Behind Preventing the Zombie Apocalypse @ Brooklyn Brewery (79 North 11th St) 7:30pm, $20, Network with other young professionals interested in the environment, wildlife conservation, and public health at this fun and informative event presented by the EcoHealth Alliance Young Professionals Council, Buy tix