♥ Cataclysm! @ Bizarre Bushwick (12 Jefferson St) 9pm, FREE, House of Screwball presents an all-new drag extravaganza, RSVP
* Training Tips for Rescue Dogs @ Empire of the Dog (415 Grand St) 7pm, FREE, We will discuss typical issues that may arise in newly adopted rescue dogs, More info
* Research Your Historic Brooklyn House @ Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse (67 West St, Suite 612) 7pm, $25, Elizabeth and Chelcey will help you navigate the online digitized collections available for your research, More info Continue reading
It’s almost time to welcome the return of the popular Food Book Fair to Brooklyn.
Now in its third year, the event will run at the Wythe Hotel between 25th-27th April and will bring together food enthusiasts, chefs, artists and writers for a long weekend of foodie fun. Continue reading
(sponsored) One Day in NYC Meet Up @ The Made in NY Media Center by IFP (30 John St) Wednesday 4/16, 7pm, FREE, Grab some drinks, charge your batteries, and brainstorm ideas with fellow creatives, filmmakers, and inspired people for the largest filming event in NYC! Plus: new Uber users get $25 off one trip to or from the meet up with code OneDayinNYC25, RSVP
* Speak Up for Vision Zero @ Hope Gardens Multi-Service Center (195 Linden St) 6pm, FREE, Join Transportation Alternatives and Bushwick community groups to identify the neighborhood’s most dangerous streets and prioritize concrete safety improvements, More info
* Wines of Argentina Presents Cambalache @ Brooklyn Night Bazaar (165 Banker St) 6pm, $80 (includes all food & drink), This unique event showcases the wine, food, art, and music of Argentina, More info
* Quiz-Off @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St) 7:30, FREE, Six rounds of twenty questions, first prize is a $75 bar tab, More info
♦ Resonance: The Thoughts Before Thought @ Headscapes (26-19 Jackson Ave) 6pm, FREE, In this artist-run group show, the most common objects have deeper meanings, darker pasts, and, most importantly, shared meanings, RSVP
* NYC Basic Tips & Etiquette @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, FREE, Author Nathan Pyle answers questions like how much to tip your tattoo artist and how long you should honk your horn, RSVP
* The Triangle Project @ TBA Brooklyn (395 Wythe Ave) 6pm, FREE, A collaborative art, music, activist, and cultural exchange project bringing people together across new boarders and states of mind, RSVP
♫ DRAGnet Two-Year Anniversary @ The Metropolitan (559 Lorimer St) 11pm, FREE, A dozen drag performers including Untitled Queen, Horrorchata, and Merrie Cherry, RSVP Continue reading
We are taking our Terrarium Class to Williamsburg on May 4th from 3-5pm at Passenger Bar (229 Roebling St). Our lovely and talented teacher Claire will show you how to create a miniature living kingdom. Spruce up your dark and lonely apartment with plants that are actually very easy to care for. $60, includes all materials PLUS a FREE beer! Reserve your terrarium now.
The weather finally turned gorgeous just in time for our Spring Market today. On your Sunday stroll head over to 67 West St, 5th Fl – a 6,000 sq. ft. sun lit loft (with rooftop access) filled with over 70+ craft, art, makers and plenty of food vendors! Public hours today: 1-7pm.
Make sure to get crafty, get your nails did AND a portrait in our blossoming photo booth upstairs in the loft!
Our bar will proudly serve Brooklyn Brewery beer, Greenhook Ginsmith Kingsland Coladas, Kombucha Brooklyn, Adelina’s Rice Balls and Cafecito Bogotá Empanadas.
See you later…
Special thanks to our sponsors!
If your dog (ahem or you) are looking for some fun and positive socializing, then head over to McGolrick Park Dog Run this Saturday from 11:30am-12:30pm for Doggie Playgroup! All breeds and ages are welcome, but there is a size/weight limit – under 20lb. Oh and don’t bring any bitches in heat. All dogs must be spayed/neutered, up to date on shots and not aggressive. Continue reading
There will be plenty of delicious sweet snacks and finds at our Spring Market this Sunday! Here are picks from a few featured vendors:
A few weeks back, Kickstarter opened its new Greenpoint office for a Creators Open House, revealing a beautiful renovation reflective of the many warehouse conversions in our neighborhood. Though factory aesthetics are a dime a dozen in North Brooklyn, this headquarters stands out, with a theater (Kickstarter has successfully funded 13,368 film and video projects to date), an art gallery (they hope to host exhibits for aspiring artists), a sprawling recreational and kitchen area with a long bar and seating booths, and a terrarium-like nature insertion between glass and wood walls. And that’s just the first floor.
Greenpointers Spring Market, Hey Bartender, Equinox Solstice – What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (4/09–4/15)
* Agatha et les Lecture Illimitées @ Spectacle Theatre (124 South 3rd St) 7:30pm, $5, Marguerite Duras’ 1981 minimalist French classic, More info
♫ New Music @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St) 8pm, $5, With Celosa / MARTHA / Yaman Palak / Aircrafting, RSVP
♥ Hey Bartender! @ The Graham (151 Meserole St) 7pm, FREE, Celebrate the release of the 2014 Brokelyn Beer Book, RSVP
♫ Welcome Back @ Body Actualized Center (143 Troutman St) 9pm, $10, With analogue oil projections and digital light displays, plus ARP / Mary Lattimore / Georgia Sounds / Blazer Sound, RSVP
♫ KSCS “Ethereal Dance” Release Party @ The Hive NYC (20 Cook St) 8pm, Post-punk electropop from Kiss Slash Crooked Smile, RSVP Continue reading
When we first started these markets, there weren’t any baby vendors in site… oh how we have grown in just a few years. There will be plenty of cute baby stuff for your own little ones at our Spring Market this Sunday. If you aren’t preggers, I bet you know someone who is and we the have perfect baby shower gifts, plus we guarantee the market will be more fun than registry shopping at Babies R’ Us (shudder). See you Sunday!
Make sure to stop by these featured vendors: